Identifying the Vital Role that Civil Society Plays in Advocating for Human Rights | New York
On the 75th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights the NGO Committee on Human Rights/NY together with the NGO Committee on Ageing/NY identify the vital role that civil society plays in advocating for and realizing human rights.
Time & Date: Wednesday December 13, 2023, from 1 to 3 pm in the Church Center’s 11th floor conference room.
NGO Committee on Human Rights/NY will discuss the enduring significance of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and provide examples of civil society advocating for vulnerable groups and individuals through active collaboration with the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights. We will emphasize the importance of access for civil society within the UN system.
- Renzo Pomi, Amnesty International
- Mandeep Tiwana, CIVICUS
- Omer Kenat, Ughyur Human Rights Project
- Saffet Catovic, Justice for All
- Christian Courtes, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
Moderated by Bobbi Nassar, Co-Chair NGO Committee on Human Rights and Representing International Federation of Settlements and Neighborhood Centers.
NGO Committee on Ageing/NY work on human Rights of older persons.
- Frances Zainoeddin, co-chair of Human Rights subcommittee of the NGO Committee on Ageing/NY
- Bethany Brown, co-chair of Human Rights subcommittee of the NGO Committee on Ageing/NY
- Ramsey Alwin, US Task Force on Human Rights of older persons
- Edwin Walker, Deputy Assistant Secretary, US Administration for Community Living, Health and Human Services
- Moderated by William Smith, Chair of the NGO Committee on Ageing/NY.
To learn more about the event please refer to the Concept Note: https://www.ngocoa-ny.org/ngos-program-13-dec-2023.pdf
Discussion followed by refreshments.
Please rsvp to Bobbi Nassar @ firstname.lastname@example.org