Inception of the African Federation of Settlements(AFS)
The IFS is developing its activities in Africa by creating the African Federation of Settlements. During his presentation of the IFS Global at the first AFS meeting, Staffan Lindqvist, the IFS Executive Director, talked about the need for regional groups such as IFS Europe, IFS America and IFS Africa. Present at the meeting were:
- Staffan Lindqvist- Executive Director, IFS Global (Finland)
- Mohammed Ennahili- The president of IFS Africa (Morocco).
- Sunday Ibobor (IFS Africa Secretary)
- Elkassmi Saffae- Member (Morocco)
- Richard Okocha (Secretary, Unilag-Makoko Neighborhood House, Lagos Nigeria)
- Abimbola Makinde (Deputy Secretary, Unilag-Makoko Neighborhood House, Lagos Nigeria).
More information of the Federation’s activities will be shared soon.