The partners in this category or field will focus on sharing different tools and good practices to support migrant integration as a citizen and part of the local community by:
- Engaging in an educational programme to foster the integration and autonomy of migrants by creating individual socio-economic integration paths considering their skills, abilities, ambitions and previous professional experiences.
- Creating Community schools is a model used in communities where the majority are migrants and reaches residents of all ages to allow for social bonds among people.
- Bringing refugees and inhabitants together to develop initiatives and projects aiming to share and exchange skills, stories about their social and cultural backgrounds in favour of intercultural understanding.
- Creating educational programmes such as integration guides targeting newly arrived migrants. The guides work with refugees to improve their situation and facilitate their integration and participation as active citizens.
- Opening bumping spaces such as “Cafés” and spin-off activities provide language training for refugees and facilitate connections with locals to support their integration process in the local communities.
- Working with migrants to identify their needs and create learning materials according to the outcomes of the need’s assessment.