Who we are
The International Federation of Settlements and Neighborhood Centers (IFS) is a global movement of more than 11000 member associations that include multi-purpose, community-based organizations across the world. We believe in empowering the people who work for social justice by connecting, inspiring and supporting an inclusive global community.
Please watch this video to learn more about Settlement Houses.
“Let’s all be brave and creative builders of a much better and just world”
How to become a member
Our Membership spans the globe offering partnership for programs and conferences that introduce you to new networking channels.
Focus Areas: Social Justice, Democracy and Peace
Despite the hardship and challenges due to the coronavirus pandemic, The IFS Network and its members remain united and joined forces to keep communities together and services up and running. Here are some of the past and upcoming events and activities conducted by the IFS Helsinki Office and its members to advocate for social justice, peace, and democracy everywhere.
- Project IFS Fostering Social Justice! Erasmus + EU Program 2021 – 2024 – IFS as advocate and provider for adult learning opportunities – 11 EU countries – 12 partners – 17 Projects – 1 Network. The project is funded by the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). Read more.
- Webinar on Democracy. November 5, 2021 at 03.00 pm EET. Registration at email@example.com Read more.
- Webinar on Domestic Violence. January 12, 2022, 03.00 pm EET. Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org Read more.
- IFS Declaration on Social Justice, published at the end the IFS International Conference 2021 in Sydney.
- The power of Community Across Europe – Locality Research Report: Research on experiences of the community response to the pandemic across Europe in 2020. Read more
- Community Organizations Promoting Democracy and Peace in Europe Meeting. This part of the Peace event series hosted by the IFS Helsinki Office and the Finnish Federation of Settlements and sponsored by the Finnish Minister of Justice. Read more
News & Blog
The study visits organized by the IFS member organizations and partners in...
The 2022 Community Solutions Program application opened in September 15th and...
IFS Declaration on Social Justice, IFS Conference 2021's Discussion Paper and...
Event Description A conversation on advocacy and programming...
Event description The webinar on Domestic is an presentation of...
Follow us on Facebook
Stay in the Know!
Sign up for the IFS Global newsletter and get news on the IFS and members activities worldwide and more!